As the person responsible for implementing the safeguarding plan in your club or organisation, you need to do 2 safeguarding courses every 3 years.
1. Initially you must do the face to face SportsCoach UK Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) face to face course. OR we may be able to accept a work based safeguarding course – scan a copy of your certificate and we will let you know if we can accept it. Or you may like to organise a snowsport safeguarding course at your club.
2. You also need to attend the Time to Listen (T2L) course. This is a course specifically for Club Welfare Officers and goes into good safeguarding practice in your club in more detail.
Next Snowsport ENgland Time to Listen Course:
Saturday 13 May 2017; 1330 to 1630 hours, SportPark, 3 Oakwood Drive, Loughborough, LE11 3QF. To book - e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01509 232323. Cost £30 - claim this back from your Club.
Multisport Time To Listen Course:
These are open to other sports too, take place across the country and you may find it more convenient to attend one. If you do - you MUST e mail email@example.com to let us know you have attended one.
For list of Multisport courses currently advertised see: https://thecpsu.org.uk/training-events/ or contact your local County Sports Partnership to see if they are organising one: http://www.cspnetwork.org/your-csp
Documents you will need for Time to Listen Courses:
i) Info for CWOs attending Time to Listen Courses
3. Three years later you must complete another basic safeguarding course. We encourage “blended learning” for CWOs: Rather than just attend the same course every 3 years, you can attend other appropriate safeguarding courses relevant to your role. For example, if you attend a work based course, a safeguarding webinar, or other safeguarding course get in touch. Our aim is to keep you up to date with good safeguarding practice and raise awareness of the issues around safeguarding children and young people. Therefore we do not want to be too prescriptive about the ongoing general safeguarding training for CWOs, as long as you are having some relevant training. However – Time to Listen every 3 years is mandatory for CWOs
- This can be face to face:
- Or e learning:
- Or a Webinar:
- CPSU webinar
- Or a work based refresher.
4. All CWOs must attend Time to Listen every 3 years AS WELL to ensure you remain up to date, and for your club to evidence they take safeguarding seriously.
Contact Bridget Owen