If you want to put something back into the sport that you love, then the UKCP Level 1 award may be for you.
Designed for working with children (specifically 5-12 years old) and entry standard competitors. The UKCP Coach Level 1 Alpine is able to plan and run individual training sessions appropriate for developing and challenging their athletes’ skills.
This award has the following core components:
- The UKCP Level 1 training course, this is delivered at a local ski centre and takes 3 days. On successful completion of this unit, and subject to registration and CRB checking candidates are granted Level 1 Trainee status. To be given licenced status candidates will have to:
- Complete a distance learning workbook.
- The Level 1 Assessment. This can take place at your local ski centre. Some Level 1 Assessments are conducted one on one at a time of your choosing. Other candidates prefer to be assessed together with a group of colleagues. You will be expected to show that you can run a safe coaching session and that your personal skiing is adequate. You must be able to carve clean GS turns leaving clean tracks on easy blue piste terrain and ski rhythmical slalom turns showing good speed and control.
Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
To be licenced all coaches and instructors must also:
- Be registered with Snowsport England
- Hold an appropriate first aid certificate
- Have completed a Criminal Record check, now known as a DBS check
- Have attended a safeguarding children course
- Attend an appropriate update course every three years.