SNOWMARK – What is it?
Snowmark is the Snowsport Specific version of Clubmark. Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports Clubs.
It stands for:
- Higher standards of welfare, equity, coaching and management in community sports Clubs
- Making sure the nation’s sports Club infrastructure is safer, stronger and more successful.
The benefits of SNOWMARK are:
- The development of clear goals and objectives can be communicated to all Club members and the wider community. This highlights the Club’s focus and ambition for the future and provides a solid foundation for all Clubs wishing to grow
- The analysis of the current workforce ensures all training is up to date and the Club is operating at its best
- Adopting more organised systems and structures will help the Club run more efficiently and effectively
- Addressing issues such as equity and child protection should increase parent’s confidence when choosing the correct Club for their child
- Updating policies, training and systems shows confidence and increased productivity. This in turn attracts schools and local authorities that must ensure quality and child friendly systems and procedures
- Snowmark will assist you to have strategies for recruitment of new members
- Some leisure operators and local authorities may give priority and at times discount to Snowmark accredited Clubs
- Snowmark provides recognition for high quality Clubs
- Members can be sure their club is a well-managed Club, striving to offer the best in coaching and sports development
- There are tangible benefits such as access to the Active Kids scheme where Clubs can apply for equipment
Snowmark – How to Register
For a Club to register an interest in becoming a Snowmarked Club they will first need to register here. Once a club has filled in the form the local Snowsport Development Officer will be informed along with the contact details of the lead person. The Snowmark Criteria will be sent to the Club. Snowsport England recommends joining Club Matters as it’s a great resource to help clubs going through this process as well as containing lots of templates and tools to help a Club operate effectiviely.