Raising Concerns

What should I do if I have a concern about a child?


Always remember the welfare of the child is of paramount concern.  It is not up to you to decide whether or not a child has been abused, but it is your responsibility to report any concerns appropriately.


If you have any concerns about a child, you must pass your concerns on.  Every Club should have a Club Welfare Officer – you can speak to them.  If you cannot get hold of your Club Welfare Officer you can speak to the Snowsport England Safeguarding Lead, or a deputy (details below). 


If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the Police. 


SSE Safeguarding Lead:           Bridget Owen              welfare@snowsportengland.org.uk

Deputy WOs:                           Jan Doyle                     jan@snowsportengland.org.uk

                                                Tim Fawke                   tim@snowsportengland.org.uk


Or telephone the Snowsport England office on 01509 232323.


National Contacts for Safeguarding


ChildLine UK – 24 hour helpline for children: 0800 1111 – Website

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre: 0870 000 3344 – Website

Kidscape – helpline for adults and young people concerned about bullying: 08451 205 204 – Website

NSPCC Freephone – 24 hour helpline: 0808 800 5000 

The Samaritans: 116 123


To report on line abuse, please use the CEOP Report Abuse app at the following link: http://ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/


For advice for children, young people, parents and carers, please see: www.ThinkUKnow.co.uk


The NSPCC’s Child Protection in Sport Unit (CPSU) website provides up to date advice, guidance and good practice on safeguarding children in sport – see their Website.



Zircon - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal.